A chilly, overcast Midlands day woke Tessa and Greg on the day they had chosen to take their vows. Thank you, Tessa and Greg, for celebrating your special day with Harrington House and for letting us share your story with our online family.
The bride’s arrival at the Church of the Ascension is heralded by bagpipes, and emotions of happiness play across Greg’s face as he first sees his bride come down the aisle framed by the light from the windows of the chapel.
Tessa is escorted down the petal-strewn red carpet by her father. She wears an elegant, v-necked dress with a rose embroidered bodice and transparent three-quarter sleeves. The bride’s hair is worn up with tendrils softly framing her face.
After a beautiful ceremony, the couple headed to the Quarry dam in Hilton for a photoshoot with Neville Nixon Photography.
The Harrington House reception venue is decorated in the colours of the wedding; deep red velvet with cerise pink and cream.
The couple arrives at Harrington House with big smiles. The splash of colour with the roses in Tessa’s bouquet against the white dress and shawl are highlighted in the overcast light as Tessa and Greg arrive at Harrington House and walk the path to the reception.
The roaring fires welcome and warm the guests as they mingle and partake in the canapes and a nip of sherry and drinks from the gin bar while everyone settles in before the reception begins. The beautiful tier cake is wreathed in succulents and cerise roses that are a splash of light against the cream and soft green.
The delicious family-style celebration meal and a convivial ambience that follows with The New Zealand ensemble (nieces and nephews from New Zealand) providing the entertainment for the guests.
Another beautiful wedding celebration in the Midlands culminating in an amber lit group photo on the stairs of the reception hall.
- Marriage officer: Ronald Hall (All Saints Chapel)
- Food: ‘Family Style’ by Hamblins Catering
- Décor: Muirheads Hiring
- Dress: Smart/Casual
- Photographer: Neville Nixon Photography
- Flowers: Wendy Dobson of Dare 2 B Different
- Bouquet and buttonholes: Wendy Dobson of Dare 2 B Different
- Music: Chris Jensen
- Entertainment: The New Zealand ensemble (nieces and nephews)
- Colour theme: Deep velvet red, Cherise Pink and Cream
- Wedding Theme: Traditional classic
- Weather: very cold; partly overcast
- Cake: Three tiers – red velvet, death by chocolate and vanilla bean
- Flower girls/ ring bearer: Flower Girl – Meghan Dowsett, Ring Bearer – Daniel Peckham
- Groomsman: Pete Rawlinson
- Special touches: Sherry on arrival; Gin Bar; 4 roaring fires. A smaller wedding for this couple, but intimate and special wish family members all participating in the day.
- Wedding favours: Smores
Turning wedding dreams into wedding days
At Harrington House, it’s our goal to make your dream wedding theme come true. With our expansive lawns, established trees and brand new, stylish venue, Harrington House is the ideal canvas on which you can paint the picture of your perfect wedding day. We’d love to meet you to show you around and find out more about your dream day: https://www.harringtonhouse.co.za/contact/.